Saturday, February 27, 2010

Can I mix flat enamel & satin paints for a faux?

I have a dark red (flat enamel) for background. Have a qt. of 2 other colors in satin. Can I faux w/ them or should I get the same sheen as the background. Really don't know the pros %26amp; cons anyhow. It's for an accent wall in a basement that will have a couch %26amp; end tables in front of it. thanks.Can I mix flat enamel %26amp; satin paints for a faux?
theres no tech reason why you cant do it.





its all about the sheen. heres the deal: when you view the wall straight-on (perpendicular) it will appear differently then when viewed at an angle where the light will be reflecting. So will see the dullness of the flat mixed with the sheen of the satin. Usually, thats undesireable. I wouldnt do ti that way. I would rather have a consistent sheen.





In the end, its not a big deal (unless it is to you). If your suspect of it turning out bad, just do a sample demo (any-kind style) and let it dry and check for yourself if its gonna be cool or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment