Thursday, February 25, 2010

I got enamel spray paint on my leather Coach bag. What can I use 2 remove it? HELP!!!?

The bag is a whiskey color, which they dont even recommend you using the Coach leather cleaner on...what can I use that wont damage the leather but will take out the paint. I also got paint on my white leather wallet, nail polish remover will take it out, but it damages the leather.I got enamel spray paint on my leather Coach bag. What can I use 2 remove it? HELP!!!?
i had this product.. if memory serves was called goof off


worked wonders at gettin paint and other simular stuff off what i didnt want it onI got enamel spray paint on my leather Coach bag. What can I use 2 remove it? HELP!!!?
I'm afraid with it being an enamel paint , anything harsh enough to remove it with remove color- think of it as if the back had a leather finish and it took a 3 on a 1-10 scale to pull some color, the enamel paint would probably take a 7-9 to remove it...your whisky color is done via dye, not finish- it takes a 1-2 to pull color.


All is not lost though- you have two options...you can try remove it ( start with naptha, if that doesnt work then some Denatured alcohol- diluted at first by adding water to an old white t-shirt wrapped around your hand first then adding the alcohol and gradually adding more alcohol as you work DONT SCRUB...and blend out so you dont just have a harshly defined light spot. You can then apply some conditioner which typically darkens your type of leather - normally not good, but in your case desirable to blend in the lighter areas.


Second option is to send it to a bag restoration firm- one of my Tech has a second business with his wife called http://www.lovinmybags.com


I am not affiliated with the firm, and offer this solely as an option to help.


Best of luck


David
use lacquer thinner. very good inr emoving stains from surfaces except for fabric based bags.
hand lotion
Cow blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment