Thursday, February 25, 2010

What is the difference between Testors acrylic and enamel paints?

I am going to purchase some to paint my Warhammer 40K figures, and was wondering about the pros and cons of each, as well as which one is better.


P.S. I will be painting Orks and Chaos Space marinesWhat is the difference between Testors acrylic and enamel paints?
Enamels are a completely different paint from acrylic, you're not likely to want them unless you paint vehicle models. Enamel is very tough but it's thick and slow drying.





For painting minis you'll need high quality acrylics.What is the difference between Testors acrylic and enamel paints?
Acrylic paint is water based, so it's a lot easier to clean up, but it's not as durable.





Enamel paint is more of an oil base. More durable, but you need enamel thinner to clean up.





Just personal preference, I guess. I myself like lacquer based paints.

No comments:

Post a Comment