Saturday, February 27, 2010

How to add enamel-like paint to thin wooden rods?

What type of art supplies should I use to add a glossy enamel-like laquer to the end of a smooth laquered wooden stick? It's very similar to a drumstick. I would like the enamel to be even, glossy, bright colored and opaque. It would help if it dried fast, since long wooden sticks are hard to hold in a good drying position. I like the texture and gloss of nail polish. What type of paint or lacquer should I use? Instructions for drying will help too!





By the way, can I buy nail polish in a large tub where I can dip the wooden sticks? I don't want to spend time ';painting'; each tip. I have over 200 of these to make.How to add enamel-like paint to thin wooden rods?
Get a spray can of gloss paint.





Get a large piece of styrofoam (Hobby or craft store) and stick the dowels into the styrofoam. Spray from all angle to get full coverage. If you want the whole thing painted, give them 24 hours to set, turn them over and repeat.





Remember, 2-3 light coats, not heavy.How to add enamel-like paint to thin wooden rods?
You can buy high gloss enamel in small jars to dip as you suggested. Try craft store or even Walmart.

No comments:

Post a Comment