Thursday, February 25, 2010

Is there a heat resistant paint that I can apply to cast iron covered with enamel?

You want what is called ';stove paint';. It is made for the high temperatures resulting from burning wood or coal in a cast iron stove. It is available at Lowe's or Home Depot.





There are also other heat resistant paints on the market. Rely on the advice of the paint pro at your home center.





Good luck with your project.Is there a heat resistant paint that I can apply to cast iron covered with enamel?
Yes there is, I advise you to visit your local DIY store and ask for some professional help.Is there a heat resistant paint that I can apply to cast iron covered with enamel?
I think Rustoleum may make a aerosol paint for that application.
yes, any auto part store can sell you engine enamel
Look for Engine Paint it is usually for High Heat
Cast Iron Stove Paint. Very Hi-heat resistant.

No comments:

Post a Comment