Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The paint inside my oven is flaking off? Can I paint myself with enamel paint?

Oven cavities are not painted, they are stove enamelled, if you use even high temp. paint you will probably get fumes/odour. It may also be that you are referring to 'self cleaning' linings, these can look a bit flaky after a few years, but are replaceable.The paint inside my oven is flaking off? Can I paint myself with enamel paint?
You need high-temp paint in the very least (which can be found at auto parts stores - Duplicolor 1200 degree engine paint) but I don't think I would recommend it. Spray paint can give off poisonous fumes (especially when heated) which could get into your food.





Appliance paint is usually a porcelain enamel which is applied at the factory, then baked on in a high temperature furnace.





I would call the manufacturer of the appliance.The paint inside my oven is flaking off? Can I paint myself with enamel paint?
You can paint it yourself but you would need to get high temperature stove paint. They mostly have this for painting fireplaces and wood stoves with.

No comments:

Post a Comment