Sunday, February 21, 2010

Enamel paint for wood gun stock?

I have a gun stock that I'm wanting to paint, I already have surface roughened in order for the paint to stick. I'm going to lay down some green paint first then put a black stripe pattern on it. I have some enamel paint at my house, but I don't know if it would be a good type of paint for my application. Any ideas?Enamel paint for wood gun stock?
chances are excellent that the paint won't stick fully so part of the stock will have paint on it and part won't. You need to use a really good primer on it first. Kilz (Kills) is a brand that comes to my mind. also when you want to put the black stripes on it I would tape off what I didn't want to paint and before I painted I would sand that area again also

No comments:

Post a Comment