Tuesday, February 9, 2010

How can I get red enamel paint out of my carpet.?

My kids spilled red enamel paint in thier bedroom. I know we may only have a small chance, but any advise? I am seeing RED! Please help! Thanks for all of your answers in advance! TiffanyHow can I get red enamel paint out of my carpet.?
Saturate the paint with cold/room temp water RIGHT NOW. SOAK IT and suck it out with a wet dry vac. Repeat, as many times as it takes. If it's water based paint and the paints still wet, IT WILL COME OUT. HURRY%26gt;





If it's oil based...or dry...Your patching or replacingHow can I get red enamel paint out of my carpet.?
Try ice to harden the paint then peal it off.
We did the same thing w/ red paint on cream Berber carpet- granted it was only many dime sized spots but a product called SPOT SHOT removed it. It is in a blue spray can w/ orange lid and you can get it about anywhere- I got mine at Wal Mart. It actually worked. Basically, you just spray it (it is clear like aerosol hairspray) and then blot the spot until gone. Unless you are talking a ton of red paint, I'd certainly give it a try with the cost of carpet these days. You just spray, wait a few seconds, blot and repeat a few times until gone. I have told others about it and all have raved about how it even removed old paint spills they had tried everything on. The problem is that I am not certain how much paint was spilled. You could always try a can. If you blot it with a white rag and the color transfers, that indicates it WILL remove the type paint you have spilled, but if there is a lot of deeply saturated paint, it could take a lot of patience. Good luck as I know it makes you just sick when something like that happens!
Wow. That sounds bad. You could; 1) get a professional carpet installer to match the carpet and cut out the part that's got you seeing red, 2) try ';Goo-Gone';, or ';Oops'; in the paint section of your hardware store.
I'm with number six on this one... but I might suggest some lacquer thinner if it is in fact an oil based paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment