Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I have dried latex enamel paint stains on my carpet anyone have any suggestions on how to get it out?

it is behr premium plus paint in white. i need to use something that doesn't have a harsh chemical smell because it is inside my vehicle.I have dried latex enamel paint stains on my carpet anyone have any suggestions on how to get it out?
soak it with rubbing alcohool let it soak for about 5 minuts then rug it with a white cloth soaked with alcohool , if the spot is thick with paint you might have to scrape the softened surface once the alcohool has softened it and repeat the process .......... how much latex is on the carpet .. ps. dont flood to much as this might sweel your underpading and cause a lump .... AndyI have dried latex enamel paint stains on my carpet anyone have any suggestions on how to get it out?
There is a product called ';Goof OFF'; (no joke). Hardware stores have it. I am a contractor and we have used it many times.
Try Greased Lightning. Do a very small test spot first. Spray the Greased Lightning on and let it sit for a couple minutes. Then take a towel and blot (don't rub). The stain should transfer to the towel. You might have to repeat a couple times to get all of it off.


It worked for a paint stain (Miller latex green) on my bedroom carpet.
I like a product called Mostenbocker's Dried Latex paint remover. They made a formula of some kind that removes every kind of stain known to mankind. This one can be found at the Home Depot and Lowes. I like their products because they don't smell, leave residues to attract dirt and dust causing mystery stains later and they are safe to use around pets. Most of the time I simply spray on the formula and use a terry towel to agitate the stain away. On dried latex, I've had to use a brush then a damp terry towel to remove the stain.
Steam clean
if they aren't very large (just little spits) you can try cutting them out with scissors.
You could scape it out . or use scissors to cut small amounts of the rug fibers away.
Freeze it with an ice cube it should chip away easily. You can put the ice in a plastic bag if you do not want any water stain from the melted water
  • cute hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment