Thursday, February 18, 2010

Can you paint over Enamel paint with anything else but Enamel.?

The paint in a kitchen that I am redoing is really Shinny and smooth paint I asum it is enamel. I tryed a small space with a semi gloss paint and it looked really bad. Or is the paint that I bought at walmart just crappy paint. They told me I could paint over enamel with any thing its just like any other paint. I am sure I heard differently years ago Please HelpCan you paint over Enamel paint with anything else but Enamel.?
I think you need to roughen the enamel paint with sandpaper first.Can you paint over Enamel paint with anything else but Enamel.?
Thanks to all who gave me an answer.

Report Abuse



nothing else will work
To paint over glossy paint, you need to wash it down with TSP ($5), you can buy it at Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot. It deglosses the kitchen paint. You just wipe it on, rinse it off. If you are doing a drastic color change, then use primer, then top coat with the paint of your choice.





Yes glossy paint in the kitchen stops stuff from sticking to it, grease, and other paint. Best of luck. Chow

No comments:

Post a Comment