Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What are the advantages and differences between using ';GLOSS ENAMEL PAINT and SATIN ENAMEL PAINT?

I want to paint my kitchen walls and toilet walls.please suggest.What are the advantages and differences between using ';GLOSS ENAMEL PAINT and SATIN ENAMEL PAINT?
Gloss enamel is usually used for woodwork. Satin is a little duller in sheen, but great for bathrooms and kitchens as it is still washable (most brands), but not so shiny. I use satin for all my rooms.What are the advantages and differences between using ';GLOSS ENAMEL PAINT and SATIN ENAMEL PAINT?
Most paint brands say use semi gloss in a kitchen or bathroom because it is washable. I personally use sating because I do not like a glossy sheen on my walls. I prefer Behr satin sheen because all Behr paints include mildacide to keep mold from growing and it comes with a lifetime warranty which means if you follow the directions then you are covered. I have only heard of one legitimate warranty claim that Behr took responsibility for, they hired painters and paid for all supplies to redo the paint in this guys house.
Gloss is old fashioned. The new finishes in paint range from eggshell to gloss all with about the same water resistance. Gloss looks like a Gas Station Bathroom especially overr texture. I use eggshell in bathroom walls and satin enamel for trim. I really recommend it. Unless you want a ';special effect';
Gloss is shiny satin has a sheen . like when you go to get your photos developed and the girl behind the counter says would you prefer you photos in gloss or matt . Satin also does not show up as many faults as gloss.

No comments:

Post a Comment