Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Who makes opaque enamel paint that is fairly thick for fused glass?

The line of colors includes one called emerald. If you put a cap on the painted surface it's gets bubbly when fired, otherwise it's a nice opaque color, slightly mottled like a natural stone surface. It's not all watery like other paint for fused glass I've seen, so it's easier to spread evenly. I believe this line has been released fairly recently. Any clues would be greatly appreciated.Who makes opaque enamel paint that is fairly thick for fused glass?
I can't answer your question but I see you have no answers and I know someone who can answer your question. I am the director of an art school, we have an instructor, her name is Bonnie and she is a master glass artist who has been teaching glass for 21 years. The caliber of the glass art coming out of her class is outstanding! She's a kind person and I know she won't mind taking a second to answer your question. To be sure she doesn't mistake your e-mail as unfamiliar spam I suggest that for subject you put Wayne Savage referred me. Her e-mail is: proudfoot_b@hocking.edu . Fused glass is awesome.Who makes opaque enamel paint that is fairly thick for fused glass?
Are you actually making the fused glass as well as painting it? If so, why not just use enamel? Most colors fire about 1500 degrees F, and you can get both transparent and opaque colors. I've found Thompson Enamels has the widest selection of lead free colors if you need a supplier.
  • cute hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment